Want to study together?

We are changing the world one life at a time for the glory of God.

If you would like to study Biblical topics in depth, stop by my other blog:

http://onlinegracegroup.blogspot.com/

Current study: Spiritual Warfare

03 January 2012

Act 1 Scene 1


God of wonders, majesty, honor, glory and power. That’s what I’ve seen in the first two days’ reading.

God created. Man thinks he creates, but all he does is use what God has given him. God created the oxygen in the air and water, to the atoms and molecules that make everything into what it is. We didn’t discover them – God built them just for us. What an extravagant and loving father! Just think about it – all those trees and flowers and grass and animals and … (did he really need to create those mosquitoes? LOL).

Can you imagine the mind that God has? Not only did He create “bare bones earth”, but He also thought ahead thousands of years to create everything that allows our current lifestyle. I can barely think into next week, but there was God, creating the basis for today’s medicine, science, and everything that’s technical. He thought it through before the written or spoken word. Amazing God!

Even more stunning is the thought that it was perfect. No rain was needed; the earth had a built in irrigation system. No clothing was needed; the temperature was perfect all the time. Adam got to see every creature God made (I would love to have seen how that was done – did Adam teleport all over the world, including into the oceans, or did God somehow show Adam one creature at a time?).

And then… John 1:1-3 – In the beginning was the Word. When I read those few verses, I was captivated. Jesus was there with, lovingly creating what He knew would need to be saved from itself only a few “heaven days” later.

And the Psalm that teaches what God created me to be:

What is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man that you care for him? 5 Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor. 6 You have given him dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet, 7 all sheep and oxen, and also the beasts of the field, 8 the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea, whatever passes along the paths of the seas.  Psalm 8:4-8 (ESV)

Now that I have read these passages in this sequence, I have gained a new perspective on what it means to be a Christian – a Bible believer – a Child of God. It gives me a deeper purpose. I need to live up to what God created me to be. Truly, God didn’t create junk! He didn’t create me to be afraid, timid, argumentative, lazy, unforgiving, or … He created me crowned with glory and honor.

I’m a child of the God who created this wonderful playground we call earth. I’m crowned. I’m a caretaker. It’s a new way of thinking for this new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment!